Sunday, December 20, 2009

Port Placement





Last Wednesday I had my port placement surgery.

I woke up at 6am grabed a shower-hubby and I took the kids to school and headed off to Spartanburg regional.

My surgery was to start at 11am-I got there at 8:30am to check in and get ready iv's ect. I was a very nervous and hubby was right there with me. Although he hates hospitals more than I do. We really didn;t talk much and just watched tv before I went back. At 10:45 they wheeled me back to surgery-they told me that they were just going to do this as a local and put me in a twilight sleep so that I could breath on my own and not be on a ventalator.

Well I woke up and looked at the clock it was nearly 2. I was shocked! I had a mask on my face pumping in oxygen-my neck hurt like hell and I had this horrible need to cough but my throat hurt. I asked the nurse why my throat hurt and why my neck hurt.
She told me that they had to put me under and had to put me on a ventalator because I was probably in pain and moving too much.



On Thurday morning I went to the kids Christmas program. It was too cute although I was still in pain i really enjoyed it-

No comments:

Post a Comment